Labor Day Family Escape
Date: Sept 3 - Sept 5, 2016 (3 days)
Standard Bunk: $675.00 per person, includes all meals.
Stateroom: $750.00 per person double occupancy
Boarding Time: 09:30, Return: 15:00
Spend a weekend away from all the distractions of everyday life and embark on a true adventure as a family. Leave electronics behind as you work together as a team exploring the San Juan Islands by sail, kayak and foot.
Parents, kids and crew will join together every morning to raise the largest mainsail on the west coast of the United States and engage in sailing maneuvers as we meander throughout the San Juan Islands.
Kids can occupy cozy standard bunks while Parents can share private staterooms. The cruise is structured so passengers have the option of learning sailing stations, the basics of navigating, steering the ship and standing watch. By the end of the trip passengers can feel that they are a part of the crew.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Three days of sailing throughout the beautiful San Juan Islands
- An evening to explore Echo Bay on Sucia Island by kayak or hiking
- All meals served from the ship’s galley by our professional chef
- An afternoon shore visit to the village of Roche Harbor on San Juan Island
- A BBQ at anchor in Reid Harbor
- An optional morning hike to Turn Point on Stuart Island
- Plenty of wildlife sightings including: bald eagles, porpoises, seals and whales.
Part of the adventure of sailing is that wind and tide may alter your course. For this reason the Zodiac may deviate from it's intended route at the captain's discretion. Bearing this in mind, the captain and crew will always endeavor to give passengers the most incredible experience possible.
Already booked and wondering what to pack? See our handy packing list.